Monday 16 February 2015

My Time in Paris

This post is a bit different to what I usually write about but I wanted to tell you all about my trip to Paris! This time last week I would have been in Paris which is a bit sad because I really didn't want to come back! I went from the Monday to the Friday and I went with my university course as part as an 'educational trip' although I wouldn't have really called it that as we were allowed to do what we wanted, apart from meeting up to go to the Louis Vuitton store and exhibition and also Première Vision.

I really enjoyed the trip and had such a great time exploring the city and what made it even better I was with the people in my course which was so nice as we all get on so well and it meant we got to know everyone a bit better.

In this post I am just going to show a few photo and say a bit about what I got up to.

Monday

This day was mainly spent travelling there as we had to get on a coach to London St Pancras to get on the Eurostar. 
This was the view from our hotel which was the Ibis Paris La Villette Cite des Sciences. It was a decent hotel and worth the money as breakfast was included and the hotel had a restaurant where we went for a meal the first night.



Tuesday

On the Tuesday we went the the Arc de Triomphe, down the Champs Elysée, inside the Louis Vuitton store with the rest of my course and then we walked to the Eiffel Tower which we all went up to look over the city. That night we ate at a really nice Italian restaurant near the Arc de Triomphe.
By far the best moment of the trip was going up the Eiffel Tower. It was such a touristy thing to do but such an amazing experience which I won't forget. I can't say I enjoyed the lift up but it was so worth it!






Wednesday

On the Wednesday we went to this went called Première Vision which is a trade show where the entire fashion industry meets to share ideas, do business, work and build their new collections. To be honest its not aimed at fashion students but it was good to look around and see what it was all about.
after that we went to the love lock bridge, to see The Lourve and the Notre Dame. That night we ate at another italian place, we really struggled to find places that weren't just pasta and pizza places!







Thursday

On our last full day we decided to go into The Lourve in the morning and then go back to the Champs Elysée to do some shopping. The Lourve was such an amazing building and I actually found out that the triangle you see is the roof and you go down into it to enter the buildings, I always thought it was a sculpture haha! 
The shopping in Paris is actually quite good I enjoyed looking and I did end up buying a few bits from the Mac store, Sephora and Forever 21. We also went to the House of Haagen Dazs for waffles which was so so good!!
For the last meal we had together we went to this restaurant down the Champs Elysée which we thought was going to be really nice but unfortunately 5 of us picked something that really could have been alot better but oh well we had wine so we were happy!






Friday

On the last day we didn't really much as we were waiting to go home but we did have a wander in the area where we were staying and then we got the metro back to the station to get the Eurostar back to London.

By far the best moment of the trip was going up the Eiffel Tower. It was such a touristy thing to do but such an amazing experience which I won't forget. I can't say I enjoyed the lift up but it was so worth it! I just really enjoyed walking around and taking in the sights, it is a very pretty city and it made me want to go back one day. I think I also enjoyed too because it was my first holiday in a while and it was nice to take a break somewhere different and chill out for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment